Our client is a disruptive online real estate investment platform that connects European investors to global real estate investment opportunities in a safe, transparent and easy way. This is a unique opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial drive looking to join a high profile early stage Fintech start-up. Part of a small, dynamic and fast-paced team, you will work with the founders and team leaders and have a real impact on tackling the key strategy, growth and execution challenges ahead. The founding team is made of experienced investment banking, private equity and technology entrepreneurs.
Location: London, United Kingdom
In your technical leadership role you will be largely contributing to the entire SDLC of our client’s software stack through requirement gathering, design, implementation, testing, delivery and enhancements/support. Closely working with the CTO and leading a team of 4+ senior engineers, you will help architect, build and deliver the next generation financial services platform.
You have experience with web services, high available and scalable web platforms, databases, cloud services such as AWS and frontend web development.
Using this knowledge and part of an agile development team you will be responsible for articulating technical choices and participating in the definition of the technology roadmap.
Our client will provide the required training to conduct your regulatory functions. This includes the possibility of taking exams or online training modules to comply with Financial Conduct Authority requirements.
– Minimum 5-year experience working in cutting-edge technology environments, architecting scalable robust applications with a proven track of go live products.
– Experience with financial/payment services companies such as banks, trading and securities services platforms is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree and/or college equivalent (preferred engineering, computer science or business degrees).
– English fluency required - Ability to work closely with product management and customers - Candidate must be a strong team player/lead with excellent communication skills - Self-motivated, proactive and able to work independently in a fast-paced, agile-scrum environment – Strong analytical skills and enjoys solving complex technical problems - Comfortable working in complex environments and under tight deadlines - Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate technical choices to top management - Excellent documentation skills - Able to legally work in Europe.
– Scalable Web Software Architectures – Git - MySQL - Amazon Web Services
– Unix/Linux systems - Scrum - DevOps - Large-Scale Distributed Systems is a + - knowledge/experience of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Zookeeper is a + – knowledge/experience of noSQL databases such as MangoDB or Cassandra is a + – Quantitative Programming (trading / Quant. financial background) is a +